Cosmetic Dentistry & Smile Makeovers
Cosmetic dentistry is dentistry aimed at creating a positive change to your teeth and to your smile. Most think of tooth whitening or veneers when cosmetic dentistry comes to mind, but Smile Essentials can provide much more.
It includes :
- Bleaching to make teeth whiter
- Repairing chips or rough spots with fillings that match your teeth
- Filling cavities with tooth-colored materials
- Re-shaping teeth that don’t match the others
When should you consider oral implants at Smile Essentials?
Anyone who has missing one or more of their teeth due to injury, disease or decay maybe a candidate for Dental Implants. So When You
- Want the most effective way of restoring your chewing function and superior aesthetic results with your tooth replacement.
- Repairing chips or rough spots with fillings that match your teeth.
- Do not want to have your natural teeth cut down, which is required in making a conventional dental bridge.
- Cannot tolerate, wear or chew well with your dentures.
- Have lost your back teeth making it impossible to construct a conventional dental bridge.
- Have a long toothless span which is not indicated for making a dental bridge.
- Because of periodontal disease your adjacent teeth are too weak to take the load of a conventional dental bridge.…You can consider oral implants.
Periodontal (gum) diseases, including gingivitis and periodontitis are serious infections, that if left untreated can lead to tooth loss. Treatment of gum disease is aimed at cleaning the debris and toxins from beneath your gum line. This can now be accomplished virtuously painlessly and comfortably depending on the stage of your disease, using lasers. Laser light removes bacteria and diseased tissue from the pockets. The laser prepares the root surface to enable healthy gum attachment and aids in sealing the pocket closed. When lasers are used during periodontal therapy, there is less bleeding, swelling and discomfort to the patient.
- Treatment for Gummy Smiles
- Treatment for Dark Gums
- Teeth Whitening/Bleaching
- Biopsy/Lesion Removal
- Root Canals
Why you should get orthodontic treatment?
- The goal of orthodontic treatment is a beautiful smile and a good bite—meaning straight teeth that mesh well with the teeth in the opposite jaw and look great.
- A good bite makes it easier for you to bite, chew and speak.
- A beautiful smile adds to self-esteem, self-confidence and leads toward career advancement.
- We live in a competitive world and a great smile can give you the edge.
When should the parent get the child to the dentist for a first check up?
When the child is about two and a half years of age, it is recommended that they visit a pediatric dentist.Any problems in these baby teeth including tooth decay, malformation and other dental health problems can be identified and resolved immediately.
Children have baby teeth before they shift to the permanent teeth. These baby teeth are also prone to tooth decay and all kinds of dental issues. This period lasting three to six months is important, as this is the time in which kids begin to develop their milk teeth. Ideally they should learn about caries, methods for caries detection and prevention, the proper way to brush teeth, and how to maintain all round dental health and well being.